Breakfast, to me, is the most important meal of the day. I like to have a filling breakfast to start my day right. Eggs and bacon are awesome but it gets old really fast. Here is a quick and easy recipe to make yummy and filling waffles. I try to use this recipe to make pancakes and it didn’t workout: the pancakes are falling apart; they need the double-sided heat of a waffle iron to cook thoroughly and stay together.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut milk (can be replaced by Almond milk)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- Preheat waffle iron over medium-low heat.
- Beat eggs in a stand mixer until frothy. Mix in milk, oil and honey.
- Add coconut flour and baking soda and keep mixing for another minute or two or until the coconut flour is completely mixed into the batter. The batter might seem a little thick but it’s normal.
- Grease iron and pour batter to create waffles, you might need to help the batter to spray evenly.
- Cook for approximately 3 minutes or until waffles are golden brown.
- Serve hot with maple syrup.