I was looking for a little treat I could also take on the trails as a snack. This is a really quick recipe for delicious paleo brownies.
- 1/3 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup honey
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup chocolate chips or pecan halves (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In medium saucepan melt coconut oil and cocoa powder.
- Mix eggs, honey, and vanilla with electric mixer until well combined and fluffy. Add in coconut oil/cocoa powder and keep mixing. Add coconut flour and mix until you have a smooth batter. The batter for these is going to fairly liquid.
- Stir in chocolate chips or pecan (or both, if so 1/2 cup of each) if you wish.
- Grease 8×8 pan and pour in the batter and bake for 30 minutes.
- Let cool in pan before cutting.
Leave a Reply