This is a delicious recipe from Puerto Rico
- 4 plantains, peeled and sliced thinly
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper
- 1 lbs ground beef (I used ground Bison as I had some in the fridge)
- 1/2 chopped cilantro
- 1 1/2 cup chicken bouillon
- 2 tsp oregano
- juices of 2 limes and 2 lemons
- Spices: 1tsp cumin, 1tsp paprika, 1tsp coriander, 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tsp salt 2 bay leaves
- 8 green stuffed olives, halved
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- coconut oil
- Heat coconut oil in a pan and cook green pepper, garlic and onions
- Combine in a ball: beef, cilantro, spices, oregano, lemon juice and lime juice. Mix well.
- Heat a large skillet at medium-high heat with 2 tbsp of coconut oil and add meat mixture.
- Cook the mixture until the beef browns and of the juices bubble up, add bay leaves, olives, raisins, tomato sauce and bouillon. Add the green pepper, garlic and onion. Mix and let simmer for 10 minutes, set aside.
- Heat a large frying pan with coconut oil, just enough to coat the bottom. Fry plantains for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden and slitely crispy. Drain on a plate with paper towel.
- Add the plantains to the meat mix and let simmer for 5 minutes.