A little twist to the usual chocolate chips cookies.
- 1/2 cup of coconut oil, melted + 1/2 tbsp for cooking plantains
- 1 cup of honey + 1 tbsp for cooking plantains
- 1 egg, room temperature
- 2 plantains, ripe and sliced
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 3/4 cups of almond flour/meal
- 1/4 cup coconut flour pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground mace or nutmeg 1 cup of chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Cook plantains in coconut oil and honey for 10 minutes on medium heat
- Cream the melted coconut oil and honey together until light and fluffy. Add the egg and continue to beat until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- In a bowl, mix cooked plantains and baking soda. Let sit for 2 minutes. The baking soda will react with the acid in the plantains which in turn will give the cookies their lift and rise.
- Mix the plantains mixture into the honey mixture. Mix together the flours, salt, and spice and sift into the butter and banana mixture and mix until just combined. Fold into the batter the chocolate chips if using.
- Drop in dollops onto parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Bake for 11-13 minutes or until nicely golden brown. Let cool on wire racks.