When it’s cold and gloomy during the winter, I’ve this craving for Vin Chaud (Hot wine) – reminds of home and cheers me up. It’s a beverage you usually drink during the holidays or during ski vacation as an après comfort or just during a break while on the slopes.
- 1 bottle / 0.75 liters of red wine (Bordeaux, Burgundy or Pinot Noir)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or honey
- 1/2 lemon zest
- 1/2 orange zest
- 1 cinnamon stick 1 star anise, if available 1 ground clove 1 slice of ginger pieced 1 pinch of grated nutmeg
- Mix all ingredients and bring to a boil very gently and simmer 5 minutes.
- Serve very hot in glasses by filtering using a colander.
- Place a slice of orange in glass.