After baking some sweet potatoes once to make a pie but having a race coming on that following weekend, I decided to bake muffins instead as it’s easier to transport and more fun to share. They are great for breakfast to fuel you up of energy or as for my purpose this time: re-fuel you after a long and muddy race.
- 1 1/2 cups honey
- 3/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup coconut flour
- 1 cup almond meal
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups mashed sweet potato
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease muffin tins to hold 18 muffins.
- Whisk together honey oil and eggs in a small bowl.
- Mix together the flours, baking powder, spices, salt, and sweet potatoes in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in the egg mixture. Stir the egg mixture, gradually incorporating it with the flour mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the tins. Fill each tin to the rim.
- Bake the muffins for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Take the muffins out of the oven and run a paring knife carefully around each muffin, then invert the pan, and knock one edge against your work surface to release the muffins. Serve the muffins right away.