Potatoes Gratin and Macaroni Gratin used be one of my favorite dish growing up but unfortunately cheese is not my friend anymore.
- 4 small zucchini
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 4 slices of bacon cut in halves
- 2 potatoes
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp almond meal Pepper
- Cook bacon in oven on broiler pan (grease drips in the tray and makes the bacon less fat). Set aside.
- Skin potatoes, slice them and rinse them to get rid of starch.
- Use a tablespoon of bacon grease to cook potatoes. Once cooked, layered them onto a 9×9 glass cooking pan and sprinkle with pepper.
- Cut the zucchini into slices and cook them with the onion in 2 tablespoons of bacon grease. Cook over low heat for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Once cooked, layer zucchini/onion mix above the potatoes.
- Place the slices of bacon on top
- Mix eggs, almond milk and mustard. Add over the layers in the cooking pan
- Sprinkle with almond meal.
- Bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes, depending on the power of your oven.
Leave a Reply