I snacks on those like crazy, so I decided to try and make some homemade ones.
- 250 g of fresh ginger
- 400 g sugar
- 0.25 liter of water
- Peel the ginger root as thinly as possible. Cut into cubes or sticks then soak in cold water for 1 hour. Drain.
- Put the ginger in a cooking pan and cover with cold water. Bring to boil and boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain and repeat this process 2 to 4 times depending on whether you want your candied ginger strong or not so much.
- Bring the sugar and water to a boil for 5 minutes, then pour it over the ginger. Cover with a plate and let soak for 12 hours.
- Strain the syrup and boil it for 10 minutes then pour it over the ginger and let stand for 2 days as described above.
- Boil for 5 minutes, then let stand, covered, 2 to 3 days . The roots should then be tender , swollen and transparent. If not, cook for another 5-8 minutes.
- Finally put in sterilized jars.