This is by far my favorite dessert, it’s definitely not gluten-free or dairy-free, far from it, but I’ll endure the stomach-ache for just a couple of spoon of it. It is my guilty pleasure.
- 4 eggs
- 250 grams sugar
- 500 grams mascarpone
- Lady fingers
- Dark chocolate
- 1 cup coffee
- Separate the eggwhites from the yolks.
- With an electric mixer, whip up the eggwhites (add a pinch of salt) until they form peaks.
- In another bowl, whisk together the yolks and sugar until you optain a really light yellow. Add the mascarpone and keep on mixing.
- With a wooden spoon, gently add the whipped eggwhites to the mascarpone mix and whisk softly.
- Organize the ladyfingers as a single layer at the bottom of a serving dish (8″ by 8″ will do). Add a 1/2 tablespoon on every ladyfingers.
- Cover with half the mascarpone mix. Grate dark chocolate on top of the 2 previous layer. Do those 3 layers one more time.
Put in the fridge for at least 12hours before serving.