The persimmons I had spotted on my ride a couple weeks ago have started to be ripe. So we went to pick some up and I’ve decided to make some jam qith it to be able to keep it as long as possible during the upcoming winter month.
- 1kg persimmons’ flesh (it has to be really ripe, aka mushy, otherwise it has a horrible meal taste)
- 700grams sugar
- 75ml freshly pressed orange juice
- 1/2 tbsp vanilla extract
- Cut the persimmons in two and scoop the flesh out, leaving a couple milimeters until the skins. Put in a salad ball
- Cover the persimmons’ flesh with the sugar, orange juice and vanilla extract and mix well. Let marinate for 2hours.
- Put the mixture in a blender to you don’t have big chunks in your jam, then pour in a saucepan and cook for 6 to 7 minutes on medium heat, while stiring often.
- Sterilize your containers and caps and pour your marmalade in. Flip them over to expel the air and let cool down.
- Once it has cool down, store in a dry place.