There still is quite some persimmons on a tree along one of my rides, so it’s quite easy to grab a few to carry home in my backpack to eat fresh or cooked. This recipe is quite simple and fast and really yummy.
- 4 very ripe persimmons
- 270 grams flour
- 200 grams sugar
- 6 grams baking powder
- 1 soupspoon candied ginger with syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large eggs plus 1 egg white
- 140 grams unsalted butter, melted
- 200 grams plain yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line muffin cups with paper liners or grease the cups with vegetable oil if you don’t have paper liners.
- Cut the persimmons in half and scoop out the pulp into a food processor; pulse until smooth.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, ginger,and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Whisk the persimmon puree, the eggs, egg white, melted butter and yogurt in a small bowl.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined (it’s fine if the batter is lumpy).
- Divide the batter among the muffin cups, filling each three-quarters of the way, and bake until a toothpick comes out clean, 30 minutes for regular muffins.