This year I have been experimenting baking with different type of flours as well as replacing flour by beans in some cases.This recipe will scratch the hitch for your sweet tooth without over-indulging it or feeling too guilty about eating sweets afterward.
- 400g of Borlotti beans cooked (black beans work well too)
- 3 eggs
- 100g coconut oil
- 50g cocoa powder unsweetened
- 50g unrefined organic cane sugar (double quantity if using honey)
- 1 pack (10g) of baking powder
- 85g dark chocolate (Nestlé dessert or similar)
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4.
- Lightly grease a cake tin.
- Put the beans in a blender with an egg and pulse until completely smooth.
- Put the coconut oil and sugar in a bowl with the cocoa and remaining eggs, and beat with an electric whisk until creamy.
- Add in the baking powder, then stir in the bean mixture and fold in the chocolate chunks.
- Scrape the mixture into the tin with a spatula, level it and bake for 25 mins until firm to the touch.
- Leave to cool, then cut into 8 squares.
Leave a Reply