At the end of a ride on a nice summer day, I stumble on free cherry-plums that were given away by one of my neighbors at the time: locally grown and organic! I decided to grab some in order to make a tarte.
Ingredients (serves 6):
- 2 lbs of cherry-plums
- 2 cup gluten-free flour
- 3/4 cup coconut oil (softened)
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 large brown organic eggs
- 1/2 cup butter (melted)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/3 cup ground almonds
- Remove the stems and pit from cherries, leave them in a bowl sprinkled with sugar, so it loses some of their juice and tartness.
- Prepare the dough: Mix in a bowl the flour, sugar and a pinch of salt. Add the softened coconut oil and work together. Add the egg yolk and mix until dough is smooth and soft. Spread dough on a pie pan buttered and floured. Pre-cook on 385°F for 10 minutes.
- Prepare cream: Mix eggs and sugar with a whisk until smooth, add ground almonds and melted coconut oil.
- Arrange cherries on pie shell. Pour the cream over and mix gently.
- Bake at 385°F for 40 minutes.
I ended up making a medium and a small pie and brought the smaller one to my neighbour to thank him from providing me with those great fruits and a delicious dessert.
Leave a Reply