As I’m in the process of changing career, last week I had some exams to be an English teacher. By association: teaching, school, etc, this made me crave a peanut butter and jelly (jam) sandwich. So to turn that craving into a healthy snack I decided to make an energy bar which will bring me the same taste.
- 190 grams (2cups) oatmeal
- 110 grams (1/2cup) homemade roasted peanut butter
- 150 grams (1/3 cup) jam (apricot, strawberry, whatever you like)
- 150 grams (1 1/2 cup) pitted dates
- 50 grams (1/2 cup) almond meal
- 10 grams (2 tsp) sunflower oil
- Soak the dates in warm water for 15 minutes, and drain.
- Place dates, almond meal, jam, peanut butter, and oatmeal in a food processor and blend until combined well. Slowly add oil while it is still mixing.
- Scoop mixture into a square baking pan, and firmly press down to make an even layer.
- Place in the freezer for 30 minutes to set, then cut into 8 rectangle bars.
- Store in the freezer or fridge.