I wanted to make some homemade marzipan to bring on rides as a snack. I made quite a lot (there is never too much marzipan) and I ended up using it in this delicious dessert recipe which is a variation of the traditional chocolate lava cake.
- 100g almond meal
- 100g sugar
- 2cl water
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 125 g butter
- 2 pears
- 4 eggs
- 80 g rice flour
- 100 g sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix almond meal and sugar together by hand. Slowly add water and keep mixing with you hands until it forms a compact bowl. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate and butter, smooth and pour this mixture into a bowl.
- Skin the pears and remove the non-edible parts and dice them.
- Mix into the chocolate/butter cream, with an electric mixer, the following: eggs, flour, baking powder, sugar and pears. Add 2/3 of the marzipan (diced as well).
- Finally, add the rest of the marzipan (also diced), and use a wooden spoon to gently mix it in.
- Pour into cake pan and bake for 20 minutes at 180 ° C.
- The top should be cooked, but not too firm.
- The middle should still be a little soft, it’s normal.
- Let cool and place in the fridge for an hour, then enjoy!