One day, as the weather was overcast and I didn’t have to rush out the door for a long ride. I had a little time to bake a hearty breakfast. Banana bread would have taken too much time in the oven, so i opted for muffins, which only need 20minutes of baking.
- 1 cup gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat muffin pans with non-stick spray.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and set aside.
- Combine bananas, honey, egg and melted coconut oil in a blender.
- Fold in flour mixture, and mix until smooth.
- Scoop into muffin pans.
- Bake in preheated oven. Bake mini muffins for 20 minutes. Muffins will spring back when lightly tapped.